2 ways to speed up a sluggish metabolism:
1. Eat 3-5 small meals spread out over your entire day. Eating 1 or 2 large meals causes the body to store fat.
2. Eat fat burning foods.
Here’s a list of 38:
1. Almonds eat a handful once a day.
2. Walnuts exchange with almonds.
3. Apples eat 1 raw each day.
4. Raw pears exchange with apples.
5. Asparagus 1-2 cups eat once or twice per week. Raw in a salad is best.
6. Spinach & other greens 1-2 cups, eat once or twice per week. raw is best.
7. Salad with lots of fresh green leafy vegetables. Eat a large salad every other day.
8. Avocado 1 a day (no More) raw
9. Broccoli , cauliflower, and other cruciferous vegetables including sauerkraut 1-2 cups daily, raw is best exchange with spinach.
10. Eggs 1-2 per day, no oil or butter. Hard boiled makes a great snack.
11. Flax seed 1 TBSP daily in salad, on broiled or charcoaled meat, in breads or casseroles.
12. Green & Oolong Tea with Stevia (sugar substitute) no sugar.
13. Grapefruit 2 per week except with certain medications. Peeled and eaten raw is best. No sugared juice.
14. Pineapple raw or canned light syrup (don’t drink syrup) 1-2 cups 2-3 times each week.
15.Low Fat milk, yogurt, cottage cheese or other dairy products 1-3 suggested size servings daily.
16. Oats, barley, rice, bulgur, quinoa & other whole grain products (sugar-free) 2-3 suggested servings daily.
17. Lean meats all especially: turkey, chicken, salmon, white albacore tuna, tilapia, oysters and more 1 serving daily.
18. Hot peppers as tolerated (fresh). Capsaicin speeds the metabolism.
19. Berries (fresh) in season 1-2 cups daily.
20. Melon (fresh) in season 1-2 cups daily
21. Coffee black 1-2 cups daily sweeten with stevia & use only non-sugar creamer.
22. Vinegar: Apple cider, wine or balsamic at least 1 TBSP per day on salads or on greens.
23. Herbs fresh or dried especially cilantro, parsley and leafy green herbs
24. Tomato fresh or sundried several times a week
25. Dark chocolate 1/2-3/4 oz daily
26. Alliums garlic, onion, leeks, scallions often and freely
27. Some oils especially soy, canola & olive when cooking or making salad dressing. Limit to 1 TBSP daily.
28. Beans & lentils especially black beans 1-2 cups 2-3 times weekly
29. Green, red orange & yellow fruits & vegetables 1-2 cups & 1-3 servings daily
30. Raw cucumber & celery freely
31. Seeds especially pumpkin, hemp, chia & sunflower 1 0z daily exchange with flax seeds
32. Banana raw limit to 1 per day & minimal 3 per week
33. Spices freely especially cinnamon, turmeric and cayenne
34. Jerusalem Artichokes especially tea 3-5 servings per week
35. Kimchi an Asian vegetable medley of fermented cabbage, radish & scallions in a spicy red sauce as wanted 1-2 cup servings
36. Mustard prepared & dried-powdered as wanted
37. Pickles all without sugar as often as wanted weekly but limit to 1-2 servings per day
38. Ice Water 6-10 servings daily 16 oz, especially with fresh lemon. The bodies act of warming the water burns 250+ CALORIES EACH SERVING.
Readers Digest, Health, Fat Burning Foods