1. Ankle Alphabet While Seated Raise 1 foot & then the other and using your ankle and foot make the letters of the alphabet from A to Z. For a variation hold your leg stretched out instead of bent.
2. Rubber Neckin’ While seated, sit erect with back straight turn your head to the left until your feel a slight strain hold for 10 seconds and then do this turning your head to the right. Do this 10 times.
3. Alarm Clock While seated Pretend you are in the center of a clock. With your right arm reach for noon, with your left arm reach for 12:30. Do 5 different times then put your left arm outstretched to midnight and do 5 different times.
4. Shoulder Shrugs While Seated Roll both shoulders forward and hold 5 or 6 seconds and then roll them backwards and hold 5 or 6 seconds
5.Finger Climb While Seated Holding your hands outstretched at waist level pretend your fingers are climbing through air, wiggling them as they climb until they are outstretched above your head Hold for 6 or 7 seconds then climb back down wiggling all the way. Repeat 6 times
6. Waist Stretching Scoot out on the edge of your seat and turn your upper torso as far to the right as you can go and hold to the count of ten and then to the left, count to ten. Repeat 10 times
7. Knee lifts While seated Pull 1 knee up to your chest and then the other knee and then both knees at the same time. Repeat 5 times
8. Elbows Up While seated Take your right hand and lay it on your left shoulder. Hold to the count of 10. Reverse taking your left hand and laying it on your right shoulder count to 10. Repeat 5 times
9. Ups & Downs In a seated position place your palms on either side of you & straighten your arms as you push yourself up. Hold to the count of 10 & lower yourself back down. Repeat 10 times
10. Bean Lifts Start with 1 pound sacks of beans or pasta & graduate to 2 pound bags. Hold 1 bag in each hand with palms up starting with elbows at waist level raise both hands until stretched fully upwards hold to the count of 10 then lower Repeat 10 times.
11. Air Punching With fists lightly clenched stretch your arms out in a punching motion . Start with the right arm punch out to the side then forward a few inches at a time until punching straight out in front of yourself. Next do the same with the left arm. Repeat 5 full rounds.
12. Neck Loosening Sit with your back straight and feet planted on the floor. Place the fingertips of both hands on your back just below the center of the neck. Roll 1 arm at a time in a circular motion. Do this 15 times with each arm.
13. The Vee Sit with your back straight on the edge of the seat. Hold onto he chair arms and lean back and raise both legs touching your knees as close to your chest as possible then straighten your legs holding to the count of 7. Relax and repeat 10 times.
14. Run in Place While seated stiffen your back and move your legs as if running for 3 minutes.
15. Hamming It Up Sit straight with feet planted on the floor and bending at the waist touch your toes and hold for the count of 5 repeat 5 times
16. Lumbar Flex Sitting with back straight breathe in and bend at the waist grabbing your ankles with both hand exhale. Slowing lift back up. Repeat 7 times.
17. Breathe deep Sitting totally relaxed breathe in deeply through your nose filling your abdomen and not your chest hold for 5 seconds and slowly exhale for 7 seconds Repeat 10 times
18. Breathe slowly Breathe in slowly through your nose only and then purse your lips as if to whistle and slowly exhale repeat 10 times
19 Anxiety Release Exhale fully making a whoosh sound and then Breathe in through your nose to the count of 4 and hold to the count of 7 exhale to the count of 8 repeat 10 times
20. The Yoga Breath Lay a finger against 1 side of your nose and breathe in deeply through the other nostril. Release you finger and concentrate on exhaling through the opposite nostril Do this alternating nostrils 5 times with each nostril